Friday 29 July 2011

Musings at the Peekaboo Pet HQ

Evening Folks
I am feeling very guilty that My poor blog has been very neglected over the last couple of months. I have set my new challenge to try and blog at least once a week if not more...

So watch this space...

So what's been happening since we last spoke? Well... kidlet number two has turned three, and has hit the terrible two's exactly a year late. We love him to bits, but is proving very demanding at the moment- I often just sit in his room when he is fast asleep and remind myself how gorgeous and perfect he is. Occasionally in the day I sometimes forget these qualities to his personality especially when he is throwing himself on the floor in the supermarket. Why do the older generation always look knowingly then utter awww he's probably just tired isn't he- NOOOOOOOO he's just being down right painful because he can't have a packet of sweets!
I remember kidlet number one going through exactly the same, I would drag her back to the car- both of us hot and sticky and full to the brim with tears- I would usually then spend the journey home sobbing, and asking myself what I was doing wrong, and how I could have diffused the situation. These days- I just try to stay as calm as I can, and tell myself "It's just a phase and he WILL grow out of it"

It's the little things that make everything worth while, today we had friends over- I was running late and was still getting ready when my friend and her children arrived. They had a belated birthday present for kidlet number two. I heard squeals of delight as he opened his toy story lunch bag and drinks cup. The then proceeded to give everybody kisses saying "Oh Thank you, Thank you, Thank you very much"

It was so lovely to just stand back and listen to my gorgeous little boy being so polite and well mannered- without mummy or daddy bear barking "what do you say?"
It makes all the time that we spend trying to teach our children manners worth every second.



Kidlet number One has just finished her first year of school. It feels like minutes since she started- this time last year I was frantically ironing in labels into her uniform- literally if anything stood still long enough, a label would be ironed onto it!
She has had the most fantastic year at school, with an amazing and nurturing teacher and teaching assistants. I remember being so nervous on her first day, watching her go into the school doors, and letting go of a little more of that umbilical cord. It seems to be getting longer and longer these days. In the last year we have experienced play dates away from mummy and daddy bear- all these things are milestones in our children's lives that when they are babies you just don't think about.
It has been a wonderful experience to sit back and watch kidlet Number 1 blossom as the year has gone on. To listen to the delight in her voice when she comes home to tell us she has been on a bear hunt, or out looking for the gruffalo. She is developing into a beautiful little person, who is bubbly and confident. Daddy bear and I were bursting with pride last week when her first school report came home- we did think that it has perhaps gotten mixed up with someone elses, as it read "Kidlet 1 is a delight to have in the class, she is eager to learn, shares beautifully with her peers, and loves to help to tidy up!" HUH!!!! Is this the same kidlet that lives with us? Apparently so!

I find it very hard letting Kidlet 1 go to other peoples houses to play without myself or daddy bear. I hadn't realised what an emotional pull this would be, although I know I have to set my children free, it's sometimes hard to let go.
I have met lots of lovely mummies on the playground, who I truly believe will become life long friends. We have a monthly meet up of yummy mummy's which we have christened as FOW (friends of wine)

The first meet up was in November I think, I organised this at peekaboo HQ, and it was all very Serene, and everyone was on their best behaviour- since then we have started showing our true colours, and a year on I have just hosted another. This time we had complaints from our elderly neighbours, wanting to know why there was a hoard of adults bouncing on the trampoline at 12.30 in the morning!!!


Ta ta for now xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment